NCR Aloha Connect
Strong partnerships create loyal, happy clients. NCR is committed to building relationships with third parties who provide capabilities that complement the NCR Aloha restaurant technology solution. Members of the Aloha Connect development community have solutions that add value to the Aloha suite of products and extend functionality to meet client’s needs. Leveraging language-neutral development tools, Aloha Connect provides a framework to ensure that new systems work alongside existing functionality to seamlessly integrate into the Aloha solution.
- Recognition as a valued business partner
Our structured approach to integration provides clients with the confidence of knowing they are working with an authorized member of the Aloha Connect community.
- Structured process drives value
Authorized developers have completed a structured business case and feasibility study to join the Aloha Connect community. Third party authorized developers are licensed to work with specific clients for the development of customized interfaces and functionality.
- Path to Partnership
To ensure supportability and a high level of client satisfaction, Aloha Connect provides a structured approach to interfacing with Aloha, that includes:
- Building a business case – A formal business case provides NCR with the ability to review the prospective partner’s company and solutions, in addition to outlining the value the integration will provide to Aloha users.
- Conducting a feasibility study – Upon successful review of the business case, prospects being pursued for integration through Aloha Connect participate in a feasibility study to determine technical requirements and the best approach for interface creation.
- Becoming an authorized developer – Successful completion of the feasibility study provides prospects with the opportunity to join the Aloha Connect community as an authorized developer. This is a formal relationship and explicitly defines client and functionality specifications.
- Solution Components
- Aloha Connect Software Developer Kit (SDK) – provides a toolkit to successfully create an authorized interface between Aloha and other applications. The SDK includes:
- A proven set of integration tools to support development of in-store and above-store applications.
- Complete application interface documentation (API), code examples and testing tools.
- Application interface – enhances POS or back office capabilities and the technology ownership experience. This interface includes:
- A dynamic bi-directional communication framework for external applications to interface with the Aloha solution promoting efficient data flow.
- Support of high-value technologies, such as handheld devices, pay-at-table, web ordering, web reservations and other custom client applications.
- Licensing – end users using interfaced applications must be appropriately licensed. NCR encourages end users to protect themselves by exclusively leveraging the Aloha Connect development community for their interface needs. Specific requirements for end user licensing exist. Aloha users should contact their channel partner or account manager. All other requests should be made to the Aloha Connect team at email@example.com.